Friday, October 14, 2011

Journal #12 - Rules

If I could make up my own rules, I would completely get rid of PACE. I hate it. I am sorry, but I have to vent about how I hate PACE. I think that it has a good purpose, but teachers are way too strict, especially toward students who actually want to get their work done. I think teachers need to realize that school is not jail. I sincerely apologize for expressing such negative feelings (that one is for you Mr. Langley). It is not fair that smart students are being penalized for actually wanting to learn. The basic idea behind PACE is rather useful, but the fact I am in PACE with a teacher I have never had, nor have currently, and no one in my class is in any of my honors classes, I have a rough time attempting to get work done that I do not understand. In all honestly, since I cannot do my work in PACE, I sit there and use it as a time to relax. Teachers will get mad when they hear me say that, but I am just being truthful. I think administrators should use my negative feed back and work with it, because many other students like me have the same problem. If I could make up my own rules, I would say that you are allowed to actually GO and get help in PACE, not sit there and stare at your homework the whole forty minutes. In my rules, I would not necessarily judge the students on their academic ability, but if I knew the trustworthiness of the student, I would trust them to go and get help on their homework. If teachers do not do something about the PACE situation soon, I will loose my mind up in here. I am a smart kid, I always have been. Please...stop punishing me for other's immature actions. Overall, that is my opinion on PACE and I hope someone important reads this (like Mr. Langley).

1 comment:

  1. Be patient with the PACE process. The intention is that when the routine has been well established, students will be able to tutor each other. I am still working on computer lab availability for students during PACE - we're getting there. Fortunately, when rooms become available from the construction, we will be able to solve a lot of the issues.

    ReplyDelete