Friday, November 18, 2011

Journal #18 - Autumn

The perfect Autumn day would be a cool, crisp afternoon with red, brown, and yellow leaves falling down onto the ground. I absolutely love Autumn because the weather begins to cool down and everyone prepares themselves for Halloween with orange pumpkins and caramel apples. In the cold morning air of an Autumn day, I wake up and open the curtain to let the light pour into my room. Then I get up and go outside to smell the Autumn air. Probably the best smell in the world would be the smell of the morning dew on the green grass. Walking through the grass with no shoes on, feeling the moist weeds and flowers beneath your toes is probably the best feeling in the world. I also love fall because my birthday is in the beginning of October, so for me, my birthday kind of sets off the Autumn months. The smell of barbecues and bonfires also fills the air as families all over the country spend time with one another enjoying the vibrant atmosphere. In the afternoons of fall when the sun begins to set and the temperature begins to cool down, it is always nice to sit on the porch and watch the sunset before going inside and relaxing for the day. When you are outside, you can hear the crickets singing and the birds singing songs to one another. The cicadas roam the high trees and buzz all the evening long until there is absolutely no sunlight left peeking through the clouds. Fall is my favorite time of year because there is so much nature around us to look at and just enjoy. The beginning of the school year is never hard so there is always time to relax and just have fun before the brisk winter air takes over. If I could chose a favorite season it would definitely be autumn because it brings so much happiness into the lives of others. I thoroughly enjoy fall and wish that it would stay here all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment