Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Journal #19 - Circle of Life

Nature is so important in society and everyday life. People do not realize just how much of a role nature has in our lives today. As far as the circle of life is concerned, I think about the bond that nature and spirituality have with one another. It reminds me of the practices of Buddhism. Buddhists believe that once you die, you reincarnate into something that has to do with nature. You could come back as something such as a bird, a tree, or even a part of the river. I find this concept to be extremely fascinating and interesting. It is so different from the ideas of Christianity. The circle of life starts out, in my opinion, when you are first born into this big and strange world. You grow up into the person you want to be, grow up with the one you love, and then die. It sounds depressing, but in an average of about seventy years, a person can accomplish so much in their life. When they die, spiritually, if you believe in the teachings of Buddhism, they become one with nature. I do not know if I am interpreting this blog topic wrong, but that is how I feel about the subject matter. The circle of life is demonstrated very well in the movie The Lion King. Simba sees firsthand how the circle of life effects everyone. Eventually we all have to leave this earth, but in the end it is up to you personally whether or not your walk on earth is that of excitement and purpose. For me, the circle of life means you leave behind your own mark, then let generations to come always remember the impact you made in life and how they can improve my ideas. I hope that I can leave something important behind for my family and friends to remember and find interesting. This blog definitely made me think about what it is life to die and what happens after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment