Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Journal #21 - Describe a Snowy Scene

As I look out of the window, I see the snow fall down quietly onto the ground. The road in front of my house is magnificently covered in a white layer of fluffy powder that resembles that of clouds in the sky. I love walking outside and feeling the cold, brisk air hit my face. As I walk through the Wintry wonderland, I notice the sound of the snow crunch beneath my boots. My favorite part of Winter is seeing the environment change significantly. The trees become really bare, and before December 25th, everyone is in a good mood for the Holiday season. Houses become lit up with bright and color Christmas lights, ranging from all types of blues, reds, and greens. The smell of warm cookies fill everyone's house, especially nights before the big day. At our house, we put up a big tree and decorate it with pink and red lights that are eye-popping. The sparkling tinsel hangs from the trees branches as it dangles in the light. We always light Christmas-scented candles so throughout our house, the smell of Evergreen and Fireside Yankee candles fill the air. When there is snow outside, everything is so much brighter. Having the shades open in our windows allows the bright white fluff to illuminate our house. Playing in the snow used to be such a momentous event in our house. We would all dress up in our thick snow pants, put on our heavy boots, and bundle up our faces with layer upon layers of scarfs and hats. The first moment you walk outside, you hear the snow crunch, but that seems to be the only noise beyond that. All of mother nature is hidden away, burrowed far beneath the ground or in shelters made of branches and twigs. In front of our house, we have five evergreen bushes. Whenever there is snow covering them, they look like a typical winter painting of trees with their branches weighted down by mounds of snow. The Winter season is by far my most favorite time of year (until I get sick of the cold) mainly because the snow makes everything so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment