Friday, January 6, 2012

Journal #22 - Iambic Pentameter Poem

The snow falls to the ground all day in town
Children jump and laugh as they sled far down

We all see them have so much fun for hours
As mounds and mounds of snow become tall towers

The sound of laughter fills the air all day
No one will stop until the month of May

I grab a sled and head for tops of hills
It's hard to keep my joy held back so still

The thrill of flying down the knoll so fast
Seems as if the time will not ever pass

The cold air hits my face so nice and cold
It makes me feel like life is now on hold

I love to hit each bump and rock so fast
It makes the joy of sledding always last

As daylight falls below the mountain peak
Hats and gloves and sleds we begin to seek

Now we head home to warm our arms and legs
We're tired and want now to rest our heads

The day was full of so much joy and fun
We sled and sled until the day was done

I can't wait to go out again so soon
Next time we can sled 'til we see the moon

But now I must sleep the nighttime away
And dream of sledding all day ev'ry day


3 comments:

  1. Your poem has a really nice flow and you are a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem sounds really good! Your word choice was good and it had a good rythm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poem had good rhythm and flow and your Iambic pentameter was spot on.

    ReplyDelete