Thursday, January 19, 2012

Journal #24 - A Time I Was Spooked

A time I remember being spooked was this past Halloween when I attended my first haunted house. I was scared out of my mind because I did not know what it would be like. I had previously been on haunted hayrack rides and knew what would happen on those. As we got to Terror on the Square, my heart started to race. A ghoul-guy came outside to scare people in the crowd. I will admit that his makeup was extremely scary, but his overall appeal was not even that bad. After about forty-five minutes, we finally reached the front of the line. It was time for us to go up the stairs into the building. My biggest fear about going into a haunted house was the fact that there are actual people trying to scare you in front of your face. The scary music in the background made it even more creepy because it left the mood in the room suspenseful and scary. We turned a corner in the building and began walking forward. We had a tour guide that told us the story about the building's history. We were told that the room we were in was used as a crematorium. In one part of the tour, our tour guide was swept away and we were left by ourselves to fend for our safety. We had to go in an elevator and a man with a dead-looking face crept into the small and confined spaces. He began to scare my friend Ashley and she was screaming and shaking. In scary situations like that, I laugh and make fun of the creepy people ultimately to make myself feel better. We eventually made it to the end of the tour alive, hair in a knot, makeup running down our face, and flip-flops broken. I had made it through my first haunted house and was definitely spooked out. I cannot wait until next year when I can go to even more houses that are haunted!

No comments:

Post a Comment