Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Journal # 3 - Hostage

Considering I have yet to be held hostage (and have high hopes of never being held hostage), I do not have a good idea of what it is like. I can only imagine from watching countless episodes of CSI and Law and Order what kind of traumatic ordeal it would be like. Seeing innocent people being held against their own will is absolutely appalling in my opinion. I know for sure I would be scared out of my mind. I would also feel anxious because I would have no clue what would happen to me. Questions would be racing through my head whether I would be saved or not. I think I would cope with the situation by attempting to stay calm, although I feel as if those efforts would go unsuccessful. For some reason the only thing popping in my head right now regarding an attempt to stay calm would be to count as far as I could. It sounds silly but hopefully it would keep my mind off of things. I would also have to cope with my new surroundings where ever that may be. Here my CSI skills come into place. I would try to become as familiar with the environment as much I could, in case police needed my help in solving the crime. It seems really easy to talk about what I would do in a situation like being held hostage, but I think my though-out ideas only look good in black and white. I highly doubt I would stay as calm as I would like to be. I do not want to ever go through something as agonizing as being held hostage. It is something that would never leave me mentally. I cannot stop picturing in my head Rowlandson's story. The poor mother was held hostage by the Native Americans and had to go through very unfortunate circumstances. I do not want to ever experience something like that in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment