Friday, September 9, 2011

Journal #6 - Blaming the Innocent

When I think of blaming someone for something they did not do, I automatically think of the death sentence that a jury sentences to people who are innocent, but are accused as guilty. I have always wondered what would happen if after they were killed, someone found out the true story. A repercussion like that cannot be undone, therefore the consequences are fatal. It would really stink to be the person who was sentenced to death, who was in reality innocent, and could not stick up for him or herself because everyone else was against them. I know this topic has been debated for years and years. It seems like if I were ever on a jury that had to decide whether or not to decide the death penalty, I would drop the case if I could and run away from it. I always blame my brother if something is missing at home. I have many reasons to conclude why it would be him taking my stuff, but sometimes I end up being wrong. It is hard to admit when I am wrong, but in the end I realize that I would be pretty irritated myself if he accused me of something I did not do. I think the repercussion in that case would be my brother feeling angry or upset that I tried to blame him for a crime in which he was completely guilty. I never want to be on the other end of the stick when it comes to blaming someone for something they did not do. Unfortunately, I have been left on that other end, and I can say that from experience it does not feel good. Putting myself in my brother's position, my mom always accuses me of things that I have not done (when in reality it was more than likely my brother who did it in the first place). Getting accused for those kinds of things really hurt in the end because sometimes it is hard to prove yourself to your accuser.

No comments:

Post a Comment