Friday, September 2, 2011

Journal #4

I remember when I drove to New York City last June for vacation. It took about sixteen hours to get there because I rode on a tour bus. The trip itself was not as bad as I think I had expected it to be. The most annoying part about it was the sleeping situation. We stopped a few times the whole way there, but other than that we slept on the bus. There were other people going on the trip since it was a tour of New York. I swear, there was like fifty old people. I unfortunately had to sit in front of really annoying old people that would not let me put my seat back to seat comfortably. I remember stopping to get dinner and it felt so good to stretch my legs and walk around. It was interesting to see the new places we drove to. Each new area we came upon was new and different in so many ways. I began to see places I never before had set foot on. I think it is cool to see how different one city can be from another. The best part of the trip itself was finding a way to entertain myself for sixteen hours straight. I could only think about one thing, and that was what the Big Apple would be like. I could not wait to experience walking down Time Square and watching Broadway plays. Even though I was extremely bored most of the way there, it was well worth the trip when we actually got to New York City. That trip was by far the best of my life. It was really depressing on the last day we were there knowing that I had to make the trip back to Illinois again on a hot and boring tour bus. The trip back was even longer than the trip there because I honestly did not want to go home. Overall, New York City was the best trip I have ever went on in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment